Saturday, August 22, 2015

Northern States Road Trip (Day 6 - Four States)

We passed through four states today (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio).  I'm glad we left Chicago earlier than we had planned, because I forgot about the time change.  Chicago is located in the central time zone.  Detroit is located in the eastern time zone.  Had we stuck to our original plan, I would have missed my appointment at the Detroit Temple.

 Douglas is a mover at night!  I woke up at 3:00am and found him outside his tent enjoying all the bacteria found on hotel room floors.  I put him back inside the tent.......after taking a picture. :)
 We stopped at historic Wrigley Field before heading out of Chicago.
 I tried to keep him awake long enough to play with his Mama upon our arrival at the Detroit Temple (we wanted him to sleep AFTER the temple, during our drive to Ohio), but he couldn't take it any longer.  After the temple we ate baba ganouj, chicken tawook, lentil soup, and fresh pita bread at a Middle Eastern restaurant.  Detroit = many Arabs = good food.
A huge shoutout for Sam!  She has done this (taking care of Doogles while I visit the various temples) quite a few times for me.

We are tired.  It's late.  Tomorrow is the Sabbath.  The bed calls my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment