Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Northern States Road Trip (Day 10 - Springfield)

 Today we drove to Springfield, Illinois and visited the Lincoln Museum.
 I played with Douglas for a bit while Sam enjoyed some peaceful wandering about the museum.  Here I am trying to get him to put his face in the hole.  He kept putting his arms through instead.
I finally succeeded!  Little Abe.
 I built and I built.  Douglas destroyed and destroyed.
Frederick Douglass
Goofing off
 One of the anti-Lincoln political cartoons.  The third person behind Lincoln is saying, "I want religion abolished and the book of Mormon made the standard of morality."
America
 The old Illinois State Capitol
 The Lincoln House
 The current Illinois State Capitol



 Stephen A. Douglas
 Illinois State Capitol
 Lincoln's Tomb

 Oh Abe, I know what it feels like to have a different-colored nose.
 "Mom, can we sing a song?"
"Sure, son.  Ready?  Sarasponda, sarasponda, sarasponda ret set set..."

We finished the day early.  Hallelujah!  Early sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment