Saturday, August 29, 2015

Northern States Road Trip (Day 13 - The End)

We finished off the last six hours of driving today, and this evening we celebrated Nate's 16th birthday.
 The theme of Nate's birthday meal:  Swine

I can drive!  And date!
He even won the game of Rook tonight.  He almost doubled my score!
 I think I'll use the word "awesomesauce" again to describe the foot-zoning I received from Stacie tonight.
Doogles loves Grandma

A few statistics from our road trip:

Days on the road:  13
States we drove through:  12 (Utah, Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Iowa, and Nebraska)
Lowest gas price:  Iowa ($2.39)
Highest gas price:  Utah ($2.99), but only because we had to fill up in the Bear Lake resort town of Garden City.
Total miles drives:  4564
Total driving time:  77 hours
Lessons learned:  Minivans are wonderful


No comments:

Post a Comment