Wednesday, September 24, 2014

What does a vexillologist study?

Answer: Flags

That was the question of the day at the front desk of the Holiday Inn here in Kalispell, Montana.

Speaking of Holiday Inn, yesterday we showed up at the Holiday Inn in Richland, Washington, and I went in to ask if there were any rooms available for the night.  There was one left for $159.  I asked if they had a discount for military veterans.  They did.  The guy gave me the government rate: $89.

Today I called ahead to the Holiday Inn here in Kalispell to ask about room availability.  They had rooms available for $209.  Once again, I asked about a discount for military veterans.  They gave me the government rate again: $89.  I think I like Holiday Inn. :)

We were running low on diapers for Douglas, so I went to the store this morning to pick up enough to last us the rest of the trip.  I'm not sure which is worse: changing diapers, or buying them.  Sheesh.  Pretty expensive for something that is quickly soiled and discarded.  Douglas is worth it.  I feel for those with multiple children in diapers.  I suggested to Sam that we return to the days of the loin cloth.  For some reason, she doesn't like that idea.

 The Lord is kind to me when I want good photos.  This morning I arose with the sun and dashed over to the Columbia River (Washington) temple to get some sunrise photos.  When I arrived, I had approximately 10 minutes before the sun was eclipsed by the incoming clouds.


 Hey Dad, doesn't this temple look temple-of-Solomonish to you?  I really like the design.

We departed the Tri-Cities area and drove northeast to Spokane.  Along the way we decided to take a short detour.  After driving through miles of this . . . 
 . . . we came upon this: Palouse Falls
 Gorgeous (on the left) + Beautiful (on the right) = Heavenly
 Castle Rock


 How can anyone not believe in the Creator after seeing something like this?  One small example of His many amazing creations.
 "Dad, you woke me up for another temple photo?  Ugh."
Spokane Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment