Friday, September 19, 2014

There's a rabbit in my room!

I woke up early this morning (Thursday), drove east of Portland to the Oneonta Gorge, and went on a short hike to a waterfall.


In order to reach the waterfall you have to climb over a few boulders and a large pile of downed trees.
Which one has more color:  Daniel or the gorge?


Sam didn't want me hiking alone.  Fortunately, a young couple (David and Carla) from New Jersey happened to arrive at the gorge just before I arrived.
At one point during the short hike you have to wade through four feet of cold water or try to cling to the rock on the side and make your way across.  I did the clinging and managed to only submerge the bottom of my shorts.
This is what you get to see upon reaching the end of the gorge.

Later this morning we drove west to Cannon Beach........and what a beach it is!  Beautiful.
"Hey, yo, watch where you're pointing that thing."

After our first visit to the Cannon Beach overlook we ate lunch at Pig N Pancake.
Sam and I ate the food.  Douglas ate his hand.  
"Daaaaaaaad.  I want some!"
And back to the beach we went, this time to stroll.
Sam, Daniel, and hat on the beach.
Sam ran on the beach in slow motion . . .
. . . so I had to try it too.




I like long walks on the beach . . . 


Panorama with my camera
Panorama with Sam's iPhone
First time at the beach for the little man.
 After Cannon Beach we drove up the coast to Astoria and visited the Astoria Column.
 Sam reaches the top after 164 stairs . . . 
. . . to be greeted by this view of the Columbia River and the coast.

The reason for the title of this post:  We're staying the night with Scott and Allison in the Seattle area.  As I was uploading and captioning the photos I noticed a small, black rabbit bound into the room.  Scott told me that the rabbit gets to wander around the house.  Cute little thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment