Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Slow-Mo Bowling, #70, Crater Lake, Vegan Vittles

We had a couple of hours to kill before visiting the Medford temple, so we decided to challenge each other at the great game of bowling.  The slow-motion videos were taken on Sam's iPhone.  Cool feature.
One of Sam's finer moments during our little competition
Big effort........little result
For all you bowlers out there, have you ever.......and I mean EVER.......seen an "F" on a bowling scoring sheet?  The old ladies on the lane to our right had to educate us on the meaning of the "F".  I had no idea you could get a foul in bowling if you step over the line.  For the record, I got a strike where those two F's are.
 I have now done work in 70 of the Church's temples.  Only another 70+ to go!

 Woohoo!  We made it to Crater Lake.

A bit too friendly, perhaps?

 Gorgeous...
...the lake is pretty too
Taken with my camera
Taken with Sam's iPhone.  I need to get a smart phone.
 Sam found a small, vegan cafe in Eugene Oregon for us to try out some good old Oregonian tree-hugger food.  It was awesome!


I had the hemp burger and Sam ordered the Eugenewich.  I ordered a side of their yummy cornbread and Sam ordered a side of their macaroni and "uncheese" (made with a cashew-based sauce).  For dessert, we devoured a delicious, heavy, homemade (by the girl behind the counter), chocolate-zucchini cupcake with a coconut milk-based caramel frosting on top.  Wow.  I could be a vegan if I had my own personal vegan chef.  Too much work.

2 comments:

  1. escape room in Naperville Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete