Thursday, March 22, 2018

Welcome home, Kate!

We had a heart-warming experience today welcoming Douglas's Aunt Kate (Sam's youngest sister) back from serving an 18-month mission in the Florida Tallahassee Mission.

Katelyn and Kennedee - two of Kate's close friends
Penny getting some love from Grandpa Coombs while we waited for Sister (Kate) Coombs to arrive at the baggage claim area.
Here she comes!

 First hug goes to Mom, of course.




Notice Douglas shedding tears of joy...........or trying to get something out of his eye.
Doogles has been counting down the days waiting for his Aunt Kate to come back.







 "Allow me to sing you a song on this grand occasion.  Los Colores.  The Colors.  ðŸŽ¶ Red is Rojo, Red is Rojo. . .
 ðŸŽ¶ Blue is Azul, Blue is Azul."  And so on, and so forth.
Even Penny recognizes that song.
A very happy family.
From the airport to filling our bellies with yummy Mexican food.

 I don't want to create a separate post for these last few photos, so I'm adding them onto this one.  Douglas and I juiced a whole bag of delicious California oranges when we arrived back home last week.  I did the cutting and Douglas pushed them all down.

 Penny likes pushing the little shopping cart around.
Douglas and I put together a 100-piece Eric Dowdle puzzle of the Bountiful Temple (multiple times), and Sam and I spent a few hours finishing a 500-piece BYU Football puzzle.  I guess I didn't realize how much I enjoy doing puzzles.  I've had that BYU Football puzzle for years and never opened it until this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment