Tuesday, March 13, 2018

California (Part 1)

Last Wednesday we left our home in northern Utah at 4:00 AM and drove four hours straight (while the kids were sleeping) south to St. George.
We stopped at the home of Susan and George to take a break and stretch our legs.  Susan made some yummy pancakes for us.
And, of course, Susan and I played a few intense games of ping pong.
Douglas cheered (for Susan, mostly) and sang during our games.

Penny played with rocks while we played ping pong.  Thank you, Susan and George, for your kindness and for the lively conversation.
10-12 hours after leaving Utah we arrived at Lizzie and Dan's place in California and Doogles fell right in with the boys to start playing.
They grabbed water bottles and ran around spraying each other.
I asked Magnus (aka "Paggy") to give me his mean "gun-slinger" face.
Notice he's pointing the gun in the wrong direction, but I love the face.
Oskar, Doogles, Jesper, and Magnus with their mean faces.

Karsten jumped in the photo.
The next day we all participated in morning exercises followed by a few minutes of yoga.
Penny joins the boys for some fresh smoothies out by the tree.
I believe they turned to look at Doogles because I told him to smile.

They have spent plenty of time on the trampoline.
Oskar
Douglas and Magnus
Taking a "bathroom" break.
Sam told me that if I post this picture I must explain why her face appears somewhat contorted.  Just before I took the picture Penny flipped the Nerf bullet (that thing in Penny's hand) toward Sam.  The bullet was full of Penny's slobber.
Douglas and Magnus have been little pals throughout our week in California.

We have also spent a fair amount of time on the tree swing.



Peek-a-
boo!


Playing with Legos in the hammock.

Karsten took some pictures for me.

Sushi dinner for some, Graham Crackers for others.
This was fun at the time, but my body was hurting for the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment