Wednesday, March 14, 2018

California (Part 3)

Saturday morning I made crepes for everyone.  I did 6x the normal recipe and all of the crepes (including about 20 leftovers) were gone by noon.


Saturday morning electronics time.

Playing by the fire.

Relaxing by the fire.
 Doogles had a funny, somewhat lengthy conversation with his Uncle Dan recounting all of the wounds he has suffered.


 Jesper entertaining Penny



 I hope this is foreshadowing.

Sunday morning we attended church with Dan and company.  Soren gave a great talk and Penny took a great nap.
 Magnus, Doogles, and Jesper stayed home with Lizzie.  All four have been sick for most of our trip.  Here they are helping Lizzie grind wheat.
Drawing on the wall chalkboards.
Releasing energy.
After being introduced as a visitor in Sunday School, one of the brothers leaned over to me and offered to give me bags of fresh oranges from his orange tree.  He said they were so good "the sweet juice will run down your arm as you eat them."  After church I took him up on his offer and Karsten and I went to his house, picked oranges, and brought them back to make fabulous orange juice.
Karsten, Douglas, and Magnus helping me squeeze oranges.
What you don't see here is Daniel getting stuffed by the rim.  Hey, at least the picture looks cool.
Playing four square.


Penny gets lots of attention from her male cousins, and after a few days getting used to the new people/environment (and the extra noise), she is now quite comfortable around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment