Thursday, June 1, 2017

Memorial Day weekend......and other stuff

Sam prepping the room for our little girl.  She is due June 14th, but we are ready so we're hoping she'll come a bit early.
We had some of Douglas's cousins stay with us for a couple of nights, along with his Uncle Joseph (my brother).  Here they are climbing the drain at our local park.
And coming back down.
Ari on the drain.

We went back to the trampoline park.

Gideon wishing he were slightly taller in order to be allowed in the big-person section.
Ari was impressive on the tight rope.
When we arrived we were asked if we would like the one-hour or two-hour package.  Ari quickly whispered, "Two hours!"  We opted to do the one-hour package.  Ten minutes after we began jumping Ari was happy we chose NOT to purchase two hours of jump time.  Joseph and I were exhausted after five minutes.  Old age.  Pathetic.
Meditating
Douglas came to rescue me from The Pit.

Early one morning I was downstairs reading my Spanish copy of the Book of Mormon while Doogles played with toys.  I asked him to repeat some of the lines.  He did so, and then he began singing songs from the movie Moana.  
Joseph and I tried doing the bean diet.  No sugar, honey, fruit, bread, dairy.  Only beans, lean meats, and veggies.  Joseph wants to lose weight.  I want to help my crazy intestines.  I lasted five days and then added bread back into the diet so I could be happy again.  Joseph made it one week and then ate a week's worth of sugar over Memorial Day weekend.  Ah well, twas an experience.

Douglas and Maxwell love this swing next to Granny and Grandpa Ogden's home.
Doogles and his Uncle Joseph at the park on Memorial Day.
With the boys at the park.

My oldest nephew, Caleb, turned 15 on Memorial Day.  We sent this video to him.
Maxwell and Douglas jumping on the blow-up mattress downstairs.

Eating Chex
Douglas often drinks chocolate milk right after he wakes up in the morning.  When he empties his cup he declares, "Mom/Dad, I'm cold."  On this morning he had asked me to get my blanket for him.  With Sam being pregnant she likes to keep the house cooler at night, and my too-skinny body likes a warm house, which means I wander about with my "blankey" when I do Douglas's nightly potty-training stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment