Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Happy Birthday, Doogles!

Douglas and his cousin, Maxwell, at BYU's Bean Museum.  Photo-bomb by the little girl.
I took Doogles to visit his Great-Granny, who is approximately 100 years older than he is.  She doesn't have much of a memory left, and she doesn't know who I am anymore, but she's still fun to talk to.  She has become as a little child.
Denali is currently Douglas's only female cousin.
I had some skin cancer removed from my forehead.  Douglas is a tender boy.  A few times each day he tells me, "Dad, I hope your head is feeling better."
We have been potty-training Douglas for the last 10 days or so.  He is making progress.  He usually wakes up at least twice each night for various reasons, normally because he is either hungry or lonely.  The other night I woke up to him crying.  I found him sitting on the toilet in his bathroom.  He had pulled his pants down and was presumably waiting for someone to see him on the toilet.  He is pretty good at peeing in the toilet, but he says pooping in the toilet "is too hard."
We kept him naked for most of the first three days in anticipation of many accidents, but he exceeded our expectations.  Yes, there were accidents, but I thought I was going to be cleaning pee off the tile/carpet all day long, which did not happen.

Douglas attended his Uncle Nate's baseball game last week.



At a trampoline place near our home.  We went to "toddler time" from 10am-12pm.  I think I had more fun than the toddlers.  What a workout!


Two little cousins riding their wiggle vehicles.
The first of Douglas's two birthday parties, at the home of his Granny and Grandpa Ogden.  Our boy is three years old.  Where did the time go?





I asked him to show me how happy he was with his gift.
A bit of relaxation while the kids ran around.
We turned on Octonauts for the children so the adults could play Rook in peace.
Doogles decided Rook would be more fun.
My brother, Joseph, and I visited Granny at her assisted-living residence.  In this photo she is wearing her Mother's Day bonnet.  I sure enjoy having Joseph around.
She may not remember much anymore, but she still knows how to sing "I am a child of God."
Doogles decided to don one of his Mom's headbands and I got him to pose next to the wall.



I love the open mouth during this video, and you can hear the wood chips hitting the ground.
Sam is a great Mother.

We hosted Sam's family (the Coombs family) on Mother's Day to celebrate Douglas's birthday for the second time.
Douglas's cousin, Krew, sent him a tool set for his birthday.  Douglas likes to use the hammer.......to hit his Dad. :)

Sam made him a Paw Patrol-themed birthday cake.


He received two chocolate cakes during his birthday week.  He ate one bite of the actual cake.  He only wanted the frosting.
Bring me cake!
CAKE!
CAAAAAAAKE!
Hehe, just kidding.  Being goofy.
I have awesome in-laws, and Douglas loves his aunts, uncles, Grandma, and Grandpa.

Wearing his birthday present from his Aunt Taylor, who is currently interning in Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment