Friday, May 16, 2014

The Little Water Cannon

Douglas used his little water cannon to attack various targets today.  During the first attack he strafed his blanket, his bassinet, and part of the floor.  During the second attack he scored a direct hit on his arms and hands, the carpet, another blanket, Sam's exercise ball, and my pants.  We have discussed measures we can take to prevent future attacks during diaper-changing operations, including one suggestion made by Lizzie........the pee pee teepee (http://www.uncommongoods.com/product/pee-pee-teepees).


I went to Babies R Us to look for baby straitjackets.  Douglas (aka "Little Houdini") continues to defy my swaddling attempts.  He loves to have his hands by his face and no matter how well I swaddle him, somehow his hands always end up outside the baby blanket.  Babies R Us doesn't have baby straitjackets, but you can buy them online.  I stared at some adjustable swaddling outfits for a few minutes, but then my competitive nature got the best of me and I decided not to let Douglas win just yet.  I'll keep trying to improve my infant restraint skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment