Friday, November 29, 2019

Chemo Treatment #7

"In His Steps"
by Leona B. Gates

The road is rough
Dear Lord, I said.
There are stones that hurt me so.
And He said, dear child
I understand, I walked it long ago.

But there is a cool green path, I said.
Let me walk there for a time.
No, child, he gently answered me,
The green road does not climb.

My burden, I said, is far too great.
How can I bear it so?
My child, said He, I remember its weight.
I carried my cross, you know.

But, I said, I wish there were friends with me,
Who would make my way their own.
Ah, yes, He said, Gethsemane
Was hard to face alone.

And so I climbed the stony path,
Content at last to know
That where my Master had not gone
I would not need to go.
And strangely then I found new friends
The burden grew less sore.
As I remembered long ago
He walked this way before.

-------------------------


-------------------------

Kate (Sam's sister) and I took the kids to the park yesterday for some fun in the snow.

Princess Penny on her throne.

 Penny, Kate, Doogles
Penny and Douglas
Baby Diana sometimes falls asleep chewing on her blanket.
Yeeeeeehaaaaw!
This is where we put them when we want peace in the house. :)
Thanksgiving meal: Diana, Daniel, Douglas, Grandma (Margaret), Grandpa (Doug), Kate, Penny, TayTay (also known as Taylor)
Douglas and I made a snowman tonight. Douglas would have stayed out late into the night, but I got cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment