Thursday, March 26, 2015

To swim, or not to swim -- Four! -- Phoenix Temple -- Ferrari -- Easter Pageant

 Yesterday we took Douglas to an outdoor pool.

 He was so excited to be there............so he decided to sleep the entire time.

 We spent another great evening with Mike, Jen, Rob, and Aleesha.  This was my first experience with Topgolf.  I have always held the opinion that golf is for old men and should not be classified as a "sport," but I sure had fun trying to hit those balls as far as I could.
 Such fun people!
 Good form, Sam.


 Not bad for my first time, eh?
 Check out that.........bald spot!
 This morning we drove one hour to the Phoenix temple, where Sam was kind enough to watch Doogles while I did some initiatories.  Why did I think everything would be close in Phoenix?  I just assumed, "Hey, all of these things are in the same city, so they can't be too far away from each other."



 "I want to go inside, too!"

 After the temple we drove 30 minutes to pick up Caleb, and then another 45 minutes back to the Penske Racing Museum to meet Zack and Brooke for lunch.

 Caleb LOVED all the cool cars.
 Zack took some time to show us where he works on all those fancy machines.  I've never seen a cleaner shop.
We drove 45 minutes back to Caleb's house to drop him off, and then another 90+ minutes back to home base.  Yikes!  We drove over 4 1/2 hours today, all within the greater Phoenix boundaries.
Tonight we enjoyed a beautiful evening watching the easter pageant at the Mesa temple.


And Douglas is finally back to his normal self.  Hallelujah!  He was so cute tonight.
Thank you, Richard and Kelly, for letting us stay at your place and for being wonderful hosts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment