Saturday, March 21, 2015

Eat, drink, and be merry . . .

Today I read chapter 28 of 2 Nephi.  When I came to verse seven it reminded me of a shot glass we saw at a gas station on our way down to St. George yesterday:  "Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we will be in Utah."  Funny.

We arrived in St. George in the afternoon, check into our hotel, and then we drove over to Susan (Easton Black) and George Durrant's place for dinner.  

 Aside from the delicious food, we enjoyed a lively conversation that included topics such as the Middle East and U.S. foreign policy, psychology, Joseph Smith, and ESPN.  George calls me "Kelly."  He knows Dad much better than he knows me, so he just calls me "Kelly" whenever he sees me.
 Susan and I moved to the garage after dinner for our traditional ping pong tournament.
 I am far too humble to mention the victor and the vanquished in this blog post.
 I will simply say that the gods of ping pong were shining down upon me.
 "You can have your ping pong.  I'll eat rocks."
 I sure enjoy our ping pong get-togethers.
 This morning we drove over to the St. George temple for a few shots before heading to Bear Paw Cafe to meet a friend for breakfast.




We spent the rest of the day making our way down here to Phoenix.  Douglas did very well until the last hour of the drive.  I need to talk to families who take their kids on long road trips, because I need tips before we head out on another really long road trip this fall.  Noise-cancelling headphones?  DVDs?  Ambien? (for Douglas, not me)  Don't go on long road trips with children?  Honestly, he did really well.  Much better than we expected.  I just need more patience.  Sam is amazing.

I love the way he chews food these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment