Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Penny goes to the U

 Today I took Penny on a special date. Douglas and Diana accompanied us on the date. Penny loves her Aunt Taylor (Sam's sister). Taylor attended the University of Utah (BYU's main rival) and is a big fan of the U of U. Because Penny loves Taylor and Taylor likes the U, Penny also likes the U.

I took the kids on a 30-minute drive to visit the large U on the mountainside above the University of Utah. I didn't tell them where we were going. It was a surprise. I told Penny to wear her U of U shirt and I told Douglas to wear his BYU shirt. I built up the suspense and when we turned the corner and saw the U, Douglas said flatly, "We drove 30 minutes for that?" 😁






And here's the other video of the kids at the U, which YouTube will not let me embed:



We ended our date eating pizza and ice cream at Costco, where the girls picked out their Halloween costumes.
Penny hates pizza. She loves applesauce packets. So, I bought her a box of applesauce packets.
Wearing their costumes at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment