Thursday, July 6, 2023

Denali's baptism, Independence Day, and other things

Denali (my niece) was baptized on June 24th.
Sara, Denali, Maxwell, Gideon, Ari
Sam took our children to attend the baptism.
Sara and Eric
Denali with her grandparents (my parents).
Last Sunday Douglas came out of his room wearing his suit. He likes dressing well and he always wears a suit to church. He looks great. I asked him if I'm setting a bad example for my children by not wearing a suit when I go to church and attend the temple. Douglas replied nonchalantly, "Maybe." I laughed and went to get my suit jacket for a few photos, and then I took it off. I hate suits.
Diana and Penny


Lizzie and Dan came into town with their six boys. Here they are at church with my Dad and brother, Joseph. Mom watched the meeting via Zoom.

Waving to Mom on the camera.
They celebrated Karsten's (my nephew's) birthday with a donut cake.
Joseph and Paggy (my nephew)
Sam and I brought the kids down to a hotel near my parents' place to be closer to everyone for the Independence Day activities. Here are Douglas, Penny, and Diana watching cartoons.

We did a lot of swimming at the hotel pool.

Oskar, Gideon, Maxwell, Jesper, Diana, Douglas, and Karsten enjoying the hot tub.
Denali and Penny




Denali and Diana
Penny and Douglas
Sunday evening we attended a patriotic service at the Marriott Center in Provo.




Sara and Eric got to sit down near the performers/speakers.

We played outside at my parents' home.
Paggy, Denali, Jesper, Penny, and Diana playing the flower game.

We played a lot of Rook and other games, and the kids had a blast together.




Eric cutting up a watermelon.
Sara and Joseph
Sam helping feed the children.


Dad and Lizzie talking with Eric in the living room.
With my beautiful Mudda.
Fire from hot air balloon gondolas the night before Independence Day.
Dancing to the music with Paggy.

We took some family patriotic pictures on July 4th.

Doing the "Penguins, attention!" chant.


Goofy faces



Playing "Sharks and Minnows" on the front lawn.

Penny, Denali, Diana
We drove up the mountain a bit on the night of the 4th to watch the fireworks exploding throughout the valley.


The kids were more interested in the pile of dirt than they were in the distant fireworks.
America!

No comments:

Post a Comment