Sunday, November 21, 2021

Temple song, peanuts, primary program, painting, family history awards, and more


Penny and Diana eating peanuts together last Sunday morning.


Douglas and Penny participated in the primary program at church last Sunday.

Penny waving to us.
Diana helping make banana bread.
Diana using a little school table our neighbor donated to us.
Sam took the children to the library recently. Douglas wanted to check this book out. COVID-19 has even infected children's books! You can't get away from it.
Sam did a painting activity with the children. They loved it.



We visited the home of Granny and Grandpa this week. Sara wanted to take a picture of Ari, Joseph, and me. We tried one with our arms around each other, but it wasn't working.
So, we tried a manly muscle picture instead. Ari has been working out lately and he was happy to show off the results.
Playing our customary (and lively!) game of Rook.


Sara and Denali
Look at all those trump cards in Ari's hand. He lost the first hand, but he didn't lose another hand after that and he ended up wining the game.
Sam helping the children put together some cute jingle bell ball decorations.

The result of their work.
Diana wanted to eat oatmeal with Penny this morning.


Sam came downstairs this afternoon to show me an online award she received. Most people seek after trophies, promotions, medals, monetary awards, and other forms of recognition. My wife, through her love of what she terms her "righteous addiction," enjoys this particular end-of-year award above all of the aforementioned forms of recognition. 
This same afternoon I received an email from Family Search telling me to "take a moment to say thank you to the top contributors to your family tree!" I clicked on the link to see who the top contributors to my family tree are. Lo and behold, the top two are my beloved parents, and my dad has the exact same score as my wife. Oh, you righteous people, you. 😀 (I'm not on the list because I don't do online family history at the moment. I have not yet become addicted to this noble endeavor.)


No comments:

Post a Comment