Thursday, October 20, 2016

Paris.......that's all, folks!

 Quiche Lorraine - my favorite of all the quiches we tried in France.  This particular quiche was made by our current hosts, Arnaud and Caroline.  We have really enjoyed the people we met through Airbnb.com.
Sam woke up sick this morning, so she remained at the house while I took Doogles into Paris.  We are staying at a house located 30 minutes from downtown Paris......if there is no traffic.  It took me 90 minutes to get there today, and we left the house AFTER rush hour.  Our first stop was the Saint Chapelle church, which is known for its stained glass depicting scenes from the Bible.
 Honestly, I'm tired of seeing old churches, and Douglas doesn't care about them right now either, so our visit lasted approximately 10 minutes.
 Making our way over to the Eiffel Tower.  This is one of the many "love lock" locations throughout Paris.
 Statue honoring Thomas Jefferson.  Doogles was awesome today.  I had to walk about four miles from where I parked to the Eiffel Tower, which means I had to walk that same distance back to the car, and the little man just sang and talked the entire time.
I was taking pictures of Douglas when a nice, English-speaking couple asked if I wanted a picture of the two of us.  The man saw my BYU beanie and asked if I am from Utah.  He lived in Salt Lake City for 10 years.  He said his friend, who lives in Orem, recently made a mural of "the current popular football player at BYU". 
"The Eiffel Tower?  Who cares about the Eiffel Tower?  There's an excavator right here!"

These two vehicles traveled many miles on this trip.
Approximate number of miles driven:  3000
Approximate number of miles strolled:  I have no idea, but I could use a foot-zoning.  Stacie? :)
Total amount paid on toll roads:  $264.00
Average price per gallon of diesel fuel (which is cheaper than regular gasoline):  $5.50

 "White-butter sandwich!"  What better way to finish the documentation of this trip.

Thus concludes another adventure for S, D, and d.  Thank you for your prayers and emails during the past 45 days.  It is time to come home.

The End......................for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment