Saturday, December 5, 2015

Old Man Laugh


A short while ago Douglas began laughing in a very interesting way at random times throughout the day.

Sam attended a church meeting on Wednesday night.  I put Douglas to bed around 8:30pm.  Two hours later I was awakened by strong crying coming from his room.  I went to investigate, thinking that perhaps it was just a nightmare or that he needed another blanket, but as I entered his room the strong odor of vomit penetrated my nostrils.  Douglas (and the surrounding area) was covered in chunks of half-digested food as well as a large amount of milk.  I had let him drink the equivalent of a large glass of milk right before bed and I thought the milk might be the reason for his upset stomach.  Needless to say, I immediately turned around, closed the door, and went back to bed in the hopes that Sam would deal with the problem in the morning.

Just kidding.  Sam and I spent the next five hours monitoring Douglas as he repeatedly threw up.  Multiple loads of laundry were done.  His teddy bear was also the recipient of some of the material that exited Douglas' mouth....
 ....so I put him in the washer and hung him out to dry.

Douglas is feeling much better.  Must have been a 24-hour bug.

The other night we read (or sang) this book so many times that Douglas almost fell asleep.
Last night we attended our church Christmas party.  Here is Douglas showing off his old man laugh.

They had a neat idea for the Christmas meal; one that I have not seen before.  They set out a long row of 10-15 different kinds of soups, along with small bowls for the soup.  We took the small bowls, filled them up with the soups of our choice, and grabbed some rolls at the end of the table.  Delicious!  And simple.
Singing Christmas songs with Santa and Mrs. Claus.
Anina - a cute little girl in our church group.

Douglas likes to lead the music.

Too much food and bell-ringing makes one tired.

Douglas actually did really well with Santa this time.  He didn't run away!
Twas a very nice party.

No comments:

Post a Comment