Sunday, December 31, 2023

Uncle Don's funeral

 

My dear, kind, wonderful Uncle Don passed away on December 21st. Sam and I took the kids to attend his funeral service yesterday, December 30th. It was a beautiful service.

Last night I, along with many other relatives, attended a dinner in honor of Don's life. Here are Mom and Joseph entering the restaurant, La Jolla Groves.
Aunt Judy (Don's wife) with Mom and Dad.
with Joseph
Sisters - Kathy, Judy, Mom (Marcia)
Riley Zufelt with his Granny (my Aunt Judy)

Sunni Zufelt (Zach Zufelt's wife) with Judy
Jana (Ben's wife), Ben (Judy's son), and Riley
Jana, Ben, Judy
Joseph and Brian (Zufelt)
Uncle Luther (McLaughlin) and Aunt Judy
Carter Zufelt and Uncle Luther
Kelly Zufelt (Judy's daughter), Aunt Judy, Mom

Sarah Zufelt (Carter Zufelt's wife), Aunt Judy, Mom
Elliot Castillo (he performed a beautiful song at the funeral), me, Eric Mclaughlin. Eric paid for the entire dinner.
About to partake of my fine dessert. Dad is making faces in the background.

I had a bit too much sugar last night.
Sam stayed at my parents' house entertaining our kids and their two cousins, Maxwell and Denali, while I went to the dinner with my family. Sam kept them busy with New Year's activities, games, and treats.
Denali
Penny
Douglas (wearing his Christmas Eve costume again - the Inn Keeper) and Maxwell
Diana

I look forward to seeing Uncle Don again when it comes time for me to pass through the veil. He blessed my life and the lives of so many others, and I'm sure he's still blessing lives on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment