Thursday, September 16, 2021

The Convertible

I earn quite a few free rental car days through work. The free days expire at the end of each year. So, I decided to rent a convertible for one week to let the children have some fun. I ended up taking most of the neighborhood children for rides on the freeway and driving (while sitting on my lap) in the church parking lot.

Taking Penny and Diana out for a ride.





My favorite part of this one is when Penny says, "Dad, your hair is not blowing in the wind because you don't have hair." 😁


Taking Douglas out for a ride.




Classic Douglas. Always singing a song. I love that he's singing a church song. He belted out this same song at Penny's soccer game the other day. Funny boy.


I bought some traffic cones and took the kids for driving practice in the church parking lot.
Some of the other neighborhood children joined in the fun.


We also used the cones during a recent visit to the home of Granny and Grandpa Ogden.

Penny trying to lift the cone to her mouth.

Penny, Diana, Daniel, Grandpa
Yesterday I switched the convertible out for this Dodge Challenger, which is brand new and much more powerful. American muscle - gotta love it.

You might be thinking, "Why is Daniel wasting free rental car days when someone else (a family member, perhaps?) might need them?" I totally agree with you! Unfortunately, the rules state that I, Daniel, have to use the free days.

No comments:

Post a Comment