Friday, January 24, 2020

Chemo Treatment #15 (final weekly treatment!)


 This is one of the bells you can ring at the Huntsman Cancer Institute's satellite building when you finish your chemo treatments. The satellite building is located five minutes from our home and is the building where Sam will receive her maintenance treatments once every three weeks for the foreseeable future.

Kate (Sam's sister) and Margaret (Sam's mother) joined us to celebrate the final chemo treatment.
With my beautiful Sam
The nurses at the satellite building gave Sam an envelope with this paper and keychain inside. I love the words of this poem.
 This is another bell you can ring at the Huntsman Cancer Institute's satellite building when you finish your chemo treatments.
This is the gong you get to ring at the main Huntsman Cancer Institute building in Salt Lake City when you finish the chemo treatments.

------------------------

Shopping with Doogles and Penny
The sun warms Diana's room through a large window. I have been craving sunshine during this dreary winter week. One day this week the sun came out and I told the children that I was going to get some vitamin D in Diana's room. They laughed as I stretched out on the floor, lifted my shirt up to my neck, and let the sun shine onto my pale chest. Since then, Douglas and Penny frequently ask when I'm going to get my vitamin D. Sam captured the above photo when Douglas decided to get some vitamin D.
Douglas asked me to build a foam house around him.


We visited the home of Granny and Grandpa Ogden yesterday. We decided to build a tower up to the ceiling in the basement.
Feeding Diana


Penny making biscuits with Granny. Penny loves to cook.


No comments:

Post a Comment