Sunday, November 22, 2015

Da Da, Ma Ma

Tis good to be home.  When I arrived at the airport yesterday, Douglas came up to me and gave me a "backward" hug.  He backed up into my arms.  Funny boy.  It was as if I had never left.  He warmed up to me immediately.  I imagine the Lord saying, "Okay, Daniel.  I will give you one great day, and then I shall continue to refine you by testing your patience."  Yesterday was perfect.  Douglas was so happy and goofy all day that I almost forgot what real life is like.  Today I got a small reminder.  Douglas is teething again.  I just have to tell myself over and over, "Whining is fine.  Fatigue is fine.  Figure out what's wrong and try to help him."  Or simply put noise-cancelling headphones over my ears and all is well.

I jest.  He's a cute kid and we're having fun.....and Sam is an amazing Mother and wife.  I have nothing to complain about.


 "Okay, go ahead.  Take it."
"Cheese!"

1 comment:

  1. What a darling boy! But considering his father I can't say I'm surprised. We hope all is well for you and your sweet family. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete