Last week I drove to Ohio for the Labor Day weekend to visit the Cleveland, Ohio Temple and to spend time with my cousin and her family.
It's a six-hour drive from Washington, D.C. to Ohio. I didn't want to deal with any traffic, so I decided to drive at night. Knowing I would get sleepy, I borrowed three couch cushions, eight pillows, and two large blankets from the hotel and I turned the back of my rental car into a comfortable bed in which I napped at the halfway point of my drive.
I arrived in Cleveland before the temple opened. When the temple workers started showing up for their morning shifts, I asked one of them to help me make this video.
I love these three paintings hanging in the small waiting-area building next to the temple.
I was very hungry after driving through the night and spending time in the temple. So, I stopped at a nearby Wendy's and tried their new burger (see photo). It's delicious!
Having been filled spiritually and physically, I drove 90 minutes south into Amish country to the home of my cousin, Marianne, where I spent the next two days enjoying the company of her family and their animals. 'Tis beautiful out there!
With some of Marianne's children (William, Rachel, Lauren)
Kevin (Marianne's husband), Me, Marianne
I met Dave Jensen at Marianne's ward on Sunday. Dave and his wife, Liz, were in my parents' ward in Utah and they moved to central Ohio five years ago. I had no idea.
I drove back to Washington, D.C. on Sunday night and enjoyed laboring on Labor Day.
Today I joined my friend, Medhat (pictured), at his church for an Egypt festival.
I learned that sugar cane juice is very popular in Egypt. Medhat bought a cup of the juice for me. I didn't like it. 😁
But I loved the chicken shawarma and garlic sauce!
More photos of cute baby Layth. What a great way to end this post.

























No comments:
Post a Comment